Terror Alert Level

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pedal Power

We purchased a couple of bicycles last week, partly for the exercise, and partly because its rather stupid to drive two miles to the grocery for the weekly shopping trip. So it was with interest that I saw the city has named a "bicycling Czar." By the way, I'm getting damn sick and tired of everyone appointed to look into some issue being declared a "czar."

While I think its great that we're making an effort to promote cycling, I just don't see it becoming a widespread phenomenom around here, especially the bicycling commute, unless Czar Patchan figures out a way to flatten the terrain.

I did find this interesting website through the P-G article though. The maps showing suggested bicycling routes throughout town are especially useful.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?