Terror Alert Level

Friday, June 08, 2007

Food Stamp Challenge: Day Six

Well, the Cornflakes are gone. I guess I'm having rice and broccoli for Breakfast tomorrow.

Suprisingly, it wasn't too hard to do, and tomorrow is the last day. I still have one box of mac and cheese, one chicken leg, plenty of rice, some pasta, the can of beans and a bit of broccoli left. It was incredibly monotonous, and I was ravenously hungry most of the day. Dinner, which was chicken or maybe the beef and mac with broccoli or spinach were the only really satisfying meals.

Breakfast would have been better with some fruit along with my cornflakes, and the soup for lunch would have been greatly enhanced with a sandwich.

I did cheat a bit. My cherry trees were fruiting, and so I grabbed an occassional handful of cherries. Technically, it wasn't cheating because I didn't pay for the cherries, but it made me feel guilty, as how many people on foodstamps have access to a cherry tree?

Labels: ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?