Terror Alert Level

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Project Pantry


I live by myself, along with a dog and two cats. The photos above are of my freezer and pantry, which are stuffed to the bursting point. I realized today that there's enough food in here to choke an elephant. I also tend to add to this food collection every time I head off to the Iggle. I think this is a waste of money, and if the food is never eaten, its also a waste of food. Hence, Project Pantry, 2005. I am not going to buy any more non-perishable food until the larder is bare, with one exception: I will continue to buy five small frozen meals a week for my lunch at work. I tend to overeat at work, and buying the $1.00 frozen dinners is the way I control my portions. I haven't been to the Iggle since Tuesday, so 4/26/05 is the official start of Project Pantry. I'll update the pantry photos weekly, and we'll see how long the larder lasts. Tonight I eat the frozen chili from the freezer!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?