Terror Alert Level

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Garden of Indian Delights

It was back to Oakland last night for more Monday Night Dining! This time, I went to India Garden at 328 Atwood St. They have a second location at 3813 William Penn Highway in Monroeville.

I started with the Vegetable Samosa. I was expecting something along the lines of a springroll, but I received two HUGE turnovers, resembling in size and shape a chicken croquet. Lip smacking good!

For the main course I had trouble deciding between the Shrimp Vindaloo and the Karahi Shrimp. I settled on the Karahi, which came with tomatos, onions, garlic and spices. You get to indicate how hot and spicy you want your dish. I chose medium, which is probably too hot for most people, but next time I'll probably go for hot, as I like my spicy food blazingly hot.

To drink, I ordered an Indian beer, can't remember the name but I was dissappointed to see that it was brewed in Saratoga Springs! I was good though. I also had the "special" tea which was dark, flavored with cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. It was fantastic!
I'm not a dessert guy, so no "afters."

India Garden accepts cash and the usual plastic.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?