Terror Alert Level

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Fuel & Fuddle Befuddles Froth

I dined last night at the Fuel and Fuddle in Oakland last night, a bar/eatery that I've been to before, and enjoyed. Last night however, was not so enjoyable. I started with the Ying Yang rolls, a tasty vegetable eggroll. It comes with plum and mustard sauce cleverly arranged in a Ying/Yang symbol. Crunchy and tasty!
I don't eat meat during Lent (with the exception of St. Patrick's Day related activities) so I had the Left Coast Veggie Pasta for my entree. The menu describes it as "Penne tossed with white wine, virgin olive oil, garlic, sundried tomatoes, shitake & portobello mushrooms, pinenuts & finished with fresh grated asiago.
Let me tell you, this was a bland and disappointing dish. If there was any garlic in it at all, I was hard pressed to tell. Perhaps they waved a clove at it? You can make this at home easily. Boil up some penne, drain, dump a can of tomatoes in it, along with some canned mushrooms, heat through, and top with tasteless cheese. Defiantly not worth the $7.50 they charged for this mess, and no where near the quality and taste I've come to expect.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?